Friday, March 16, 2012

Had my first game today against the Giants.  The first inning I had the first batter 0-2 and threw and inside  fastball that jammed him.  I left it a little up though and he got a jam shot single.  He stole second, but the catcher made a good throw but the shortstop didn't make the tag so he should have been out.  Struck the second guy and and got a ground ball out.  I got behind the next guy 3-0 but came back to make it 3-2.  I made a good pitch but he stuck his bat out and hit it perfectly down the first base line.  So the runner scored and I got the next guy out.  Second inning I got ahead 0-2 again and tried to go inside and smoked the guy in the shoulder.  I was pretty mad about that.  But I got two ground balls and a strikeout to get out of the inning.  I balked that inning to.  It was pretty bad.  But my fastball was good today.  Sat 90-92 and topped 93.  My location was ok, but I struggled on location when I went inside.  But I kept it low for the most part and thats always better than high.  Only threw one slider and I struck a guy out so I guess it was good.  The vulcan was really good today.  Had good control of it and it had a lot of movement.  My goal so far has been to have a low pitch count and get a lot of ground balls.  I have done a good job of getting ground balls so that means I am keeping my pitches on the corners, which is a lot better than what I did last year.  I am feeling really good.  Feel like I am getting better each outing.  Thanks for the support and prayers.

  - The Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment