Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We had intersquad today.  I got to throw two innings and they went well.  The first inning I got 3 ground balls in a row.  They made me stay out there for a fourth batter to reach my pitch count and I struck the fourth guy out.  The next inning, the leadoff guy hit a slow roller between the first baseman and me.  I ran it down and it went in and out of my glove and then I kicked it so that guy was safe.  Got a double play ball the first pitch of the next at bat but the second baseman bobbled it and they only got the guy at second.  I got the next guy to fly out and the batter after him to ground out, so I got out of the inning with no damage done.  Faced and extra batter and the count got to 3-2 and I jammed him inside but he hit a little flare that landed in between short and left.  I made a good pitch but he came out on the winning end. The fastball was good today.  I didn't hit every spot but when I missed, it was low, which is a lot better then missing high.  Every vulcan I threw was a strike.  It wasn't really dirty today, but it was solid.  I threw two sliders.  One was crap but the other was really good.  So I'm happy with the outing today.  I was trying to focus on keeping the ball low and getting guys out with my fastball.  Still not where I want to be but I feel that I am heading in the right direction.  Please keep the prayers coming.  I have a long way to go but I really feel positive about the direction I am heading.

   - The Kid

1 comment:

  1. Heck yeah that's what I like to hear bro! #longlivethevulcan

    ReplyDelete